- The gloss is always dependent on the printing stock and coating.
- If measurements are compared, it is necessary to pay attention to the measurement angle.
- A gloss measurement with a measurement angle of 60° is generally customary.
- Values range from 0 to 100 gloss points
- If gloss measurement doesn’t always occur at the same time after printing, later measurements experience gloss point loss.
- 70 gloss points is a good result for a high-gloss coating wet-on-wet
- Under ideal conditions, 80 gloss points can also be achieved with the appropriate coating. (When using UV coating it is easy to achieve 95 gloss points)
gloss meter in printing industry